Sunday 19 September 2010

The blogging begins

Having wondered out loud, repeatedly, over the past few years why anyone would want to keep a blog -- not to mention find the time to write one or, for that matter, read one written by other people -- lo and behold, here I am starting one, adding to the verbal flotsam and jetsam in cyberspace... and perhaps, even if neither Karen nor I produce great literature, we'll manage to answer the above questions along the way.

I used to feel that it's a little presumptive for ordinary people to soliloquize about their lives on the assumption that others in cyberspace will find it interesting. But then I started reading my sister's Ellisit blog a few years ago, I realized that (although she's hardly an ordinary person to me anyway) seemingly mundane topics like the challenges of raising kids, balancing life and work, getting through the day, can all become great, entertaining yarns if told right.

Not sure if we'll tell our own mundane tale right... but we do have in our favor a twist: a move to a new country, on a new continent, for a couple of years... with two small children. Heck, there must be some material in there, if not for a novel, then for an occasional persual on a Sunday evening.

So here's to keeping fingers crossed that this works and we'll keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment